Entranced 2018 is now accepting volunteer applications until June 2, 2018. We need volunteers to make our convention a success. We offer the following rewards as a thank you for volunteering:
1 – 3 hours: Our gratitude.
4 – 7 hours: Either a free badge or a bed for one night.
8 hours: Free badge and one bed night or a bed for two nights.
12 hours: Free badge and two bed nights or a bed for three nights. (These are limited in number.)
16 hours: Free badge and a bed for four nights. (There are a limited number of these available.)
The bed will be a in a room shared with others. You are likely to end up sharing a double bed so plan accordingly. If you don’t want to share a bed, consider bringing an air mattress or similar.
- Everything is coordinated by your badge name. This is the name that will appear on the first line of your badge at the convention. Please be consistent with this. If you do not give us the correct name, you will be dropped from the volunteer list and will not receive rewards.
- Your name is helpful so we don’t have to refer to you as “Palaverous Incarnadine Heumul” (or whatever your badge name is) if we need to contact you outside of the convention. We ask your full name because sometimes other people share your first name, which leads to confusion. This will be kept confidential.
- E-mail and phone numbers are essential for us to communicate with volunteers. This information will be kept confidential.
- Listing any physical restrictions will ensure that you are assigned appropriate activities.
- List your preferred area to work. We do not guarantee you will get it, but we will do our best to accommodate your requests.
- Let us know how many hours you want to work. We will use that as a maximum and to calculate your reward.
- Let us know when you will be available. We need you around to volunteer.
- We want to know if plan to present or assist in presentations. That way our programming goddess can work with our volunteer coordinator to schedule your classes around your volunteering and vice versa.
- We will do our best to schedule your hours around other activities at Entranced. If you have classes you really want to attend, let us know. We know the schedule is not out yet and will not be published until at least May, so that box will probably be empty for now. We will get back to you on this when the schedule is published.
- Anything we need to know about your volunteering such as any special needs or restrictions like needing to eat frequently, possible medical or psychological issues, things you absolutely will not do, things you absolutely love doing, people you refuse to work with, people you really want to work with or any other information that will help us better schedule your assignments and hours. If in doubt, list it. If we don’t know about it we can’t accommodate you. This information will be kept confidential.
Thank you for volunteering!